i wrote a thing a few months ago about how to deal with what feels like global chaos. holy shit! i had no idea how great things were then. where i am, nashville, got destroyed by a tornado and then immediately hit with our first cases of coronavirus which is spiraling rapidly towards a disastrous situation in our country. all in one week.
but, it does not have to. of course i don’t really know anything but here’s what i do and tell myself during these times:
1. TAKE IT SERIOUSLY – this might be very uncomfortable because it requires setting down denial which makes us very vulnerable to reality and will mean we have to radically changing how we go about our daily life. i say this “if i got the virus and survived but gave it to someone that ended up dying from it – what would i have done differently? ok cool, do that now”
2. REPRIORITIZE – i understand work, commitments, freedom, LIFE but we are at a point where we have to approach things in a way where we ask – what is REALLY important? i think life & health are #1. we are not used to approaching things with that mentality but it is becoming the choice here. life & your health come before work, bills, rent, etc. all of that stuff will be ok and work itself out (you have to trust the universe and the inherent kindness of humanity during unifying terrible experiences) so do not compromise yourself over scarcity mindset or normal pressures.
3. STAY THE F INSIDE!!!!!!!! unfortunately it takes a pandemic virus for all of us to slow down, chill, spend time at home with loved ones and stop chasing shit. this may be jarring for many but maybe we will discover that’s how we should be living anyway.
– stock up on frozen/canned. go organic. can do it on the cheap even at whole foods. and if you got extra cash, get delivery.
– board games, TV, read, talk, meditate, start a podcast, a tv show, a band, make a record, paint, pursue the hobbies you always wanted, work on a garden, facetime friends, cook, clean, CLEAN, make a playlist, do some inner work, relax, embrace your shelter and the present moment.
NOW… COMFORTING THOUGHTS:
1. THE UNIVERSE IS A HIGHLY INTELLIGENT BEING THAT IS HEALING ITSELF BY DEALING WITH THE PROBLEM. IT IS GIVING US SIGNS THAT THE WAY WE HAVE BEEN LIVING IS NOT GOING TO WORK SO WE NEED TO CHANGE IF WE WANT TO REMAIN.
2. I AM PART OF THAT UNIVERSE AND IT WILL TAKE CARE OF ME IF I ALIGN WITH ITS NATURE AND LISTEN TO ITS SIGNS.
3. THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
4. WE ALL SHARE THIS PANIC, FEAR, STRESS, ANXIETY AND SUFFERING. IN TIMES OF STRUGGLE WE SEE CLEARLY HOW WE ARE ALL ONE AND WE NEGLECT THIS WHEN THINGS ARE COMFORTABLE.
5. BE GRATEFUL. NOW MORE THAN EVER WE CANT BE TAKING ANYTHING FOR GRANTED BECAUSE WEVE BEEN REMINDED AGAIN – IT CAN ALL GO AWAY IN A SECOND.
6. EVOLUTION IS A PAINFUL PROCESS BUT IT ALWAYS ENDS BETTER AND MORE BEAUTIFUL. THESE TIMES MAY BE CRUSHING HUMANITY INTO LEVELING UP.
we here at really nice want to combat the heaviness of the current world situation. please feel free to comment things you are doing, and thoughts you are having during this time.
Leave a Reply